Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yum, Yum

A couple weeks ago I was sitting around craving something sweet and something quick. I craved cookies, but didn't want to go to all the trouble to drop each cookie on the sheet, wait for each sheet to bake...sometimes it just takes too long and I don't feel like cookies once I get halfway done the process!

I narrowed down my craving- no chocolate, no peanut butter (shockingly so) but something cinnamon- probably my second fav, next to peanut butter. So I went to my trusty best bud, Google (maybe you know him?) and searched "Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars". I found a good lookin' recipe, and an inspiring lookin' blog too. The end result-: D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

(Image courtesy of One Ordinary Day)

They are actually even better than this picture looks. I had to make a tweak to the recipe due to my selection of ingredients, and they tasted more like gingerbread cookie bars, but still amazing. (The recipe calls for light brown sugar, but I only had dark) Following the exact directions would be terrific as well, just more snickerdoodly!

I will definitely make them again, and if you want to make them too just visit this great little blog "One Ordinary Day".

Side note: If you have the baking bug like I've had lately, take a peak at the sidebar under "edible distractions". There are some great cooking/baking blogs to check out...but be prepared, you will want to make EVERYTHING!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so checking this out tonight. Looks like a good Sunday dessert to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great Sunday dessert. I'm thinking I might be making them again tonight too :)

    ReplyDelete