Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Scott's Birthday

August 19 was Scott's 28th birthday. We kept it low-key (that's what he likes) and even though that was hard for me to do, I did it and it was a great night.

On Friday (his birthday) I ducked out of work early and got home before him to get his presents ready and finish cleaning up the house we had been house sitting that week. Friday was the last day we house sat (and kid sat), so I went over there and took our sheets out of the dryer and remade the bed and finished cleaning the house before the parents got home.

Scott got home from work and I had our house-sitting duties finished and his gifts wrapped on the table. He opened them up, and then we got in the car to head to dinner. He didn't want to go anywhere fancy, but I wanted to go somewhere out of our usual circuit. I ended up choosing Central BBQ in Memphis. I drove so that he wouldn't know where we were going. We had to drive through some ghetto to get there, so he was somewhat confused for a while. In the end, the BBQ was fantastic and we can't wait to go back there again.

We ended the night with a redbox and some Oreo cheesecake. Happy 28th birthday, Scott!








No comments:

Post a Comment