Sunday, May 15, 2011

Makeup

So, unlike my aunt Kathy, I cannot keep up with notebooks. Try as I have, they get lost, I forget to write in them, or they are not around when I need to jot something down. I am left to use an old receipt or something similar, which too ends up lost.

In an effort to preserve information that I may need to recall on later, I'm borrowing this great trick from my friend Rachel. When she got new makeup she put pictures of each container, it's name and her shade on her blog. When she got a new house she put the brand, name and color number of the paints she used in each room. Clever, if you ask me. Let's just hope that Blogger doesn't one day disappear!

I now have the need to document my makeup selections, seeings how I finally found the ones I love, and the ones that love me.

Let me back up. My skin has been horrible. HORRIBLE. Like, worse than Jr. High/High School bad (and it wasn't really that bad, luckily!) I thought I was too old to deal with this...anyway, I made an appointment with a Dermatologist in January but the earliest appointment was April. I guess that's a good sign that she's so busy? So I waited. And waited. And, oh yeah, I waited some more. Finally my turn came and she was great! She was so super nice and answered all my questions. I'm now on prescription creams that work wonders!

I was curious about makeup, and didn't want it to counteract any progress I was making with the cream. I told her to spell it out for me and tell me exactly what brands to get. There are so many...it's overwhelming! She said that there were lots of great ones, just find a liquid that's oil free. I said no, tell me EXACTLY what brand!! She said Clinique. Thank you.

So that weekend I went to Clinique. Sweet Angie set me up with foundation, powder, eye shadow and new brushes. She was great and best of all the foundation is EXACTLY the same color as my skin. It's wonderful. MAC, my old go-to was never able to get that close! It was an eye-opening experience. I said I feel like I have crossed completely into adulthood. Finally. (Except for motherhood....which will come.)

This post is more for me than anyone that may be reading, because I will now follow in Rachel's footsteps and list what I got so that if the labels happen to come off the bottles I'll know exactly what I need when they end up empty.

1. Perfectly Real Foundation- 02(P)

2. Blended Face Powder- 08 Transparency Neutral
3. Quick Cream Eyes- Truffle
This is so easy- just dab it on with the brush and the pat with your finger. Done. 


*Note: the colors in the pictures are not my exact shades. They were just the pictures on the Clinique website. Also, their brushes are fantastic. Putting foundation on with a brush has changed my life. I recommend it to anyone and EVERYONE!!

Foundation Brush 
Powder Brush

3 comments:

  1. Foundation on with a brush? Hmmmm, I might have to try that and I think I might love the eye cream shadow...When I get a job, I will have to take a field trip to Clinique... I like the idea of recording stuff on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did this Cari!! Haha, now I'm not the only weirdo. It's so satisfying to have makeup that you're happy with. :) Wish we could shop together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's unbelievable to have great makeup! Total life changer! Maybe one day we will be closer and can shop together :)

    Kath, next design job you do you will have to go get a foundation brush. SO much better than a sponge or fingertips! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete