Friday, June 4, 2010

Exercise: Day 1

Today after work I decided to put on my runners and get my butt outside for a walk. It was actually not that hot, and there was a breeze blowing. Not a cool breeze, but a breeze nonetheless. I had been going for a while, made a couple loops, backtracked and made a new loop in a different direction and I found myself in front of the YMCA. All of a sudden, while minding my own business on the sidewalk I felt a thud against my head. At first I thought someone threw a ball at me, or a soccer ball was kicked way off its mark (I was in front of the Y after all). But, as I turned around and looked, there was not a soul to be found. The only thing I could see was a bird, half falling/half flying in a tree that was directly above my head just seconds before.

Yes, I was hit in the head by a bird.

All I can say is that I'm sure glad I happened to be looking down, because had I not it would have flew into the side of my face. I would have died.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!!That must have been a shocker! So sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari,

    This makes me laugh everytime I think about it!! I thought you had updated your blog about your trip home...I don't see it.
    Love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, I'm just glad it didn't hit my face!!

    Mum, no I haven't updated about my trip home- I need you (aka the boys) to send me some pictures. But really, you were there the whole time, so you already know what happened....

    ReplyDelete