Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hotter Than Hades

That's the only way to describe the last couple of weeks. When I go walking in the morning (about 6:30 am, give or take) it's already pushing 80° (26.6° at home). Right now, as I type this, it's 93° (34°) but says it feels like 113° (45°). Edmonton doesn't get that hot ALL SUMMER! If I am off work for the day and go walking past 8:30 am I end up with a horrible heat rash that ends up peeling. (Gross, I know. Just trying to get my point across. I've had the rash three times now, and I've learned my lesson)

Even the pool water at our apartment isn't cool anymore. Last week, it was like sitting in stale bathwater. This morning it was a little better though. Speaking of the pool, it doesn't open until 10 am Tuesday-Sunday (and noon on Monday's but lets hope they are cleaning it). Does that seem a little late in the day to anyone except for me? Come on people, it's summer and a million degrees outside.

I'm still braving the heat and warm water though, so that I can have some kind of base to work with when I get to Montana at the end of July. I only sit out for a couple hours a week though, and then whatever random outside time I take (walking etc.). It's working, but holy moley is it ever HOT!

2 comments:

  1. Montana at the end of July... Phil and I might have to come stalk you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay!! We'll be in Whitefish and Flathead Lake. You guys should totally come out go camping or something and then come play at the lake! We fly out July 31st or something like that and are there the whole first week of August.

    ReplyDelete