Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Mountain

While in Whitefish, grandma, grandpa and I decided to take an afternoon and hike down Big Mountain...which I think is now called Whitefish Mountain (maybe...I don't really know). Here are some shots from the hike. There will be more pictures coming that Grandpa took...many a moment grandma and I would stop and look behind us and wonder where the heck grandpa was. It wouldn't take long to realize he was waaay behind taking pictures!! They turned out great though. For now you will have to settle with my photographs.















The trail we took and the story on how Danny died/why it was named after him. Don't ask me- I don't remember! Also a little info about the bears. We didn't see any though.















The trail close up, in case you wanted to see it in detail...It's the thick dotted line that starts at the top and wraps to the right and down the mountain. It took about 2 or so hours. Next time we are there I would love to hike up as well!















We rode the chair up the mountain. It got colder and colder the farther we went, and it was FREEZING at the top!! (at about 2pm). This is looking from our chair behind us, down onto the other mountains, ski resort and Whitefish Lake.















A view looking out over the mountain/trail...




















One of the several waterfalls we saw coming down the mountain.




















Grandpa taking pictures...















Looking down the mountain as we got closer to finishing the trail. You can see the ski resort/roads leading up to and around it.

There are some great pictures of Gma/Gpa and I , but you will have to wait until I put Gpa's pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment