Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm Back!

Alright, all you blog stalkers readers, I'm back. Y'all have been hounding me to update the blog (really, you really read it?!) and so I'm getting to it today. I've been busy, you know and haven't had the time to update regularly for your reading pleasures.There has been a lot going on this month, so I'll start from the beginning and work my way to now so that it goes in order. Like to keep things organized!

We had our third wedding anniversary on Sept. 1 and (just like past years) celebrated relatively small. I keep saying I want to take a trip, or at least go somewhere fun for the weekend, but it has yet to happen. I'm crossing my fingers for next year. Or next month, next spring. Whenever really!















We celebrated by going downtown (Whoo, Party!!) and trying the Kooky Canuck restaurant and taking in a Memphis Redbirds game (baseball). The Kooky Canuck is a burger restaurant downtown Memphis that is owned by a Canadian (apparently). They have a couple Canadian food items on the menu (such as nasty Poutine and yummy Naniamo bars!), but mostly it is hamburgers and a few sandwiches. They could use some help defining their brand. Maybe they should hire me.

This was only half my burger!















We each ordered a hamburger and planned on getting dessert to share. Scott has this thing where he has to have an appetizer when we go out to eat or else he feels like the whole dining out experience was a waste and we should have stayed home. On this particular night I convinced him to forgo the appetizer and get the dessert. Sounds like a great plan, right? No. To my disappointment, the burgers were HUGE and there was no way we could have had dessert. I was planning on getting a giant peanut butter cookie baked in its own skillet topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Delish. We keep saying we're going to go back and share a burger so we can get it....but that has yet to happen. It would be a great date. Hint, hint.
















Man vs. Food (on the Food Network) was at the Kooky Canuck once because they are famous for their 7 lb. burger. A large party at the table next to us ordered one for everyone to share and we (along with others) snapped a quick cell-phone picture. It was huge (insert beer bottle for scale) and the size of it kinda turned off my appetite. But...in a large group its very cost efficient. Way to go guys!



















After dinner we walked the blog or so down to Autozone Park for the Redbirds game. It was good game (as far as baseball goes) and we stayed until the end of the 5th inning or so. It was getting late, we were tired and lets face it, baseball is pretty slow. And boring. (Sorry Horace, Adam and any others I may have just offended).

All in all it was a fun night with great weather and we enjoyed it. Here's to another year....

1 comment:

  1. That sounded fun anyways. Glad to see you posting! I had such high hopes for you..ya know keeping the blog spirit alive...don't let it die!!!! I do read it faithfully. It's my favorite pasttime! love ya say hi to Scott.

    ReplyDelete