Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lesson learned

Today I ventured out to Home Depot. It was my day off, and on such days I dont change out of my sweats or bother with makeup (unless I have "public" things planned). On these no-makeup days I also don't bother with my glasses. I figure if I can't see my appearance that clearly, neither can y'all (you know- I can't see you, you can't see me?)

Anyways, I went to HD to get some rope for a little project I decided to do(pictures to come). I always find they have the worst customer service and I don't like to ask for help there anyway (especially when it's for a crafty thing and not a "manly" thing)so each time someone asked if I needed help I said no thank you. (how lucky am i that this particular ay their service ending up bring over-the-top...) How hard can it be to find rope?! I scanned (squinted at) each aisle sign and none said rope, chain or anything similar. I circled the store 2 times. Finally, when asked for the fiftieth time if I heeded help I asked where the rope was. Can we please note that she gave me the wrong aisle #.

The lesson learned: don't go to Home Depot and expect to be independent without your glasses.

In the end I got my rope. And ran out of rope, so I'll have to venture back. At least I know where the rope is now. And I'm really happy with my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment