Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nashville- Friday Part I

Our first full day in Nashville and my actual 24th birthday! We were told about the legendary "Pancake Pantry" in the Hillsboro Village area of downtown Nashville. It opens at 6am (I think) and if you don't get there ASAP you wait in a line that wraps around the building and down the block. We were not interested in getting there at the crack of dawn so we got there around 9:30 or so and waited in line.

The line ran all the way down the block, at least 3x's longer than the line shown!

The line was so long, but moved very quickly. We stood in line about 45 mins, but it was worth it! We were worried that since the line moved so quick we would be rushed when we finally got inside the restaurant, but that was not the case.

Scott had a ham/cheese omelet w/ buttermilk pancakes (they're famous for their pancakes and had TONS of varieties) and I had french toast and hash browns. I debated for a long time between FT and pancakes, but in the end I just ate Scott's because he doesn't really like pancakes that much. Crazy, I know! For the record, their pancake recipe was amazing and unlike any other pancake I have ever had.

After breakfast we walked downtown along the river for a little bit before heading out to see the Opryland Hotel and the Grande Ole Opry.

Here's some view from along the river. (This is the river that flooded Nashville in the spring of 2010. A lot malls/sites are still closed because of the flood damage)

Stadium where the Tennessee Titans play (NFL)

The river

"Fort Nashborough" was the original city/fort that was built. There are about 5 of these little buildings fenced in by the river.

Inside one of the homesteads.

Inside another of the homesteads. 
After a little putzing downtown we got out our trusty map and headed to Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry. More to come....

1 comment:

  1. The Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg is my favorite place to eat! I wonder if it is the same Pancake Pantry as the one in Nashville??? I love your hotel room. They must have renovated from the last time I was there because I don't remember it being that nice! ha ha Sitting on pins and needles for part 2... :)

    ReplyDelete