Friday, March 25, 2011

Nashville- The Arrival

Thursday night we pulled into town at about 6 or so. I had that yucky travel feeling (even though the drive was less tan 3 hours) so I had a shower. Well, then I had to blow dry and straighten my hair. (Don't judge- I was on vacation and I had the next day to think about. Or maybe running into Carrie U. and becoming BFF. I bet she does her hair all the time too.)

Anyway, Scott was itching to get on the road and get dinner, but I reminded him good hair takes time. And that in some cultures people don't leave to get dinner/hit the town until much later than 7 pm. I like to call them Urban People. I told him we were going to be Urban People for the rest of the night.

So, we finally head out to walk downtown on Broadway Street (think Whyte Ave, only busier/flashier those of you at home) and get a bite to eat. Scott was leery of me carrying my purse while we walked around (he still didn't have his mind out of Memphis) so I grabbed the essentials- lip gloss- and headed out. Because I forgot to bring my ID we didn't/couldn't eat anywhere on Broadway so we headed the other direction and went to a restaurant called Otters. Megan recommended it (she went to university in Nashville) and it was delish! It is a chicken restaurant that serves chicken fingers, wings, chicken sandwiches etc. It was what I like to call "slow fast food". You place your order and then go get it when your number is called. Think Fudruckers or 5 Guys.

It was quite a bit of walking in all. The main section of Broadway was a couple blocks from our hotel one direction and Otters was several blocks form the hotel in the other direction. So by the time we walked all of Broadway and a side street and then walked all the way to Otters and back to the hotel we were tired and called it a night. So much for being Urban!!

Here are some shots of our hotel room. Super Cute! The ceilings were so tall (12 feet, I measured) and were only on the 6th floor. It felt so nice to have such tall ceilings. So open!

The Bed (King).
The tall ceilings and cute curtains. 

The furniture throughout the hotel was so comfortable and I loved the lines of all the chairs in the lobby. So beautiful! Check out the hotel website (Union Station, Nashville) for lobby pics. They're much better than anything I would have taken anyways!

Day 1 is coming up in the next post!


1 comment:

  1. Urban People, haha. Too cute Cari!
    Also, LOVE the hotel room.

    ReplyDelete