Sunday, March 7, 2010

Canada vs. USA

We were teaching Sunday School last week and I wished the class luck in the Olympic hockey game to be held that afternoon and told them I would be nice when they lost and had to see me again the following Sunday.

This week I made sugar cookies in the shape of Maple Leaf's for them, but it was Fast Sunday (obviously I didn't notice until we were running out the door to be on time, and chose to leave the cookies at home). I told them all about the cookies. One boy in our class, Taj, said we got lucky.

Umm, no, you got lucky in the LAST 20 SECONDS
He also said he almost memorized the Canadian Anthem- 
"well duh, you heard it so many times with all of our record breaking Gold Medals" I said. 

He said he was going to come over tonight and decorate our apartment with American Flags. Instead, he showed up at the door with a giant heart shaped cookie decorated like the US Flag. I knew he was coming and changed out of my pajamas and answered the door in my Oilers Jersey.

A good night. 



2 comments:

  1. K, to catch up on some of your posts...YOU'RE CANADIAN!?! I had no idea. You Canadians going around undetected, eh? Tsk, tsk. J/K.

    Mine and Adam's favorite spreadible butter is Fleischmann's. It's made with olive oil and it is awesome. I don't know what your fued is, but it may be solved by trying this.

    My last name is Mallory, pretty basic, sounds just like it spelled. I cant tell how often I get Mallroy and Ma-Laurie. People will just get names wrong, even if it is simple.

    And don't you just love Taj!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am I am! I've lived here since I started school (just during semesters) and then "full time" once I got married.

    I will have to try Fleischmann's! I have used Land-O-Lakes and Challenge and they are both hard as rocks. Thanks for the tip though!

    And I have to say...at least I don't have people asking me if my last name is really my first ;)

    Will you be at the RS thing tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete