Monday, March 1, 2010

My Many Names

I just received a letter addressed to Carl Hale. Yes, Carl. And when you stop and think, well it's not so bad, at least it was just this once- and not in public, hold those thoughts. Many a voice competition would go by where I would be introduced as Carl Biggs, because my teacher would write in all-capitals on the registration form. I figured I was beyond that now that I'm not doing such things. Nope, apparently not.

I am also called "Kay" and "Terri" on a regular basis at work when I'm on the phone. C'mon people...Cari. It must be a thing with names ending in "ee" because Stephanie gets called Becky. Nobody screws up names like Megan, Scott, Kris, etc. Just another thing to add to the list when selecting baby names. It will be a hard process. (Note to my mum: that was not an announcement, just thinking ahead!)

In other news, Canada beat the USA in Men's hockey. We took Gold. On home ice. We also took home more Gold medals than any other country in Winter Olympics..EVER. But hey, who's counting? (Your congratulations are graciously accepted.) Just wanted to make sure the news reached all these USA folks- we all know how good NBC is at reporting all the facts.

To celebrate the exciting moment, I wore my Oilers jersey to work today. America is celebrating the loss by sending Canada a case of Molson Canadian Beer. I believe Terri Clark said it best when she said "I think the world needs a drink...World peace can be achieved if we all sat down for a drink".

Well folks, they are being served in Ottawa- as soon as Obama delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment