Friday, March 5, 2010

My Miscellaneous Thoughts

My Aunt Kathy is really rubbing off on me. When she first started talking about moving into a container home approximately 6 months ago, I thought is was a ghetto and crazy idea. But it's growing on me to the point that I would do it. If, like she says, you could actually find a nice area zoned to hold a shipping container dwelling. She has posted pictures of what they can look like, and they're amazing with a very modern/minimalist feel.

Just want to mention, as Kathy does, that they come standard with hardwood floors. They are totally repainted inside and out. You cut the windows out (well, hire someone). You can drywall.

I like the whole minimalist look, to an extent, but you have to have the stuff  and your spaced designed to accommodate it. You just can't put little to nothing up on the walls or out on display because you think your modern and minimal. If you do that, you will just look like you don't really have anything (like my house!) The accessories and furniture have to fit the style of your house, and you. I will be ecstatic when the day comes that my furniture, decor and home actually feel like "me".



This is what a container home could look like. 
There is some great potential.You can even get
crazy and stack them, which is how they
are shown here.




Here is a single level container house...not too bad.
(ignore the ugly duvet cover...)
p.s. I stole these 2 pictures from Kathy's blog, 
but she stole them from someone else off the 
world wide web, so I don't feel bad. Thanks Kath!

Also, I just want to say that while "spreadable butter" sounds like a really great idea, it's not. Well it would be if it were actually SPREADABLE.....But alas, Scott and I fight with our "spreadable butter" every day on our toast/sandwiches etc. to get it to spread. I would love one of these: (Kathy has this too!)


Butter store in this "Butter Bell" is actually spreadable!

FYI: It was a great week at work and I am now off until Monday at 2 pm...I'm not sure what I'll do with all this time! Maybe Scott and I will go biking tomorrow, it's supposed to be nice outside :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha,so you have come around to my way of thinking hey? I am just itchin to buy myself a handful of containers and shake my life up with a new dwelling. Not likely going to happen. I love reading your blog and love that you aren't lame and only blog once every six months!

    ReplyDelete